Because your community needs you.
Students come to CUNY Law because they want to change the world. They graduate with the skills and tools they need to make that change. Everything we do at CUNY Law is motivated by our distinctive mission: to graduate outstanding public interest and public service attorneys and to help diversify the legal profession.
Through our unique curriculum, you will engage in rigorous coursework in traditional substantive areas while learning practical skills and training with real clients.
We are the national leader in progressive legal education with the strongest record of placing graduates in in-demand public interest and public service jobs.
Our flexible program works with your schedule
Because an exceptional legal education should be affordable.
And CUNY Law’s annual in-state tuition of $14,663 means that you can pursue your passion without incurring crushing debt.*
*Tuition figure is for full-time study, includes fees, and is current as of fall 2015.
To apply to CUNY School of Law
Applicants for first-year admission must submit the following, in accordance with our policies, to complete an application file for review by the Admissions Committee:
Application Requirements Checklist
- A completed 2016 application (submitted electronically through LSAC.org)
- A non-refundable $60 (U.S.) application fee;
- A personal statement;
- A an active and complete LSDAS subscription, including a recent LSAT score;
- Two letters of recommendation
- A if you answered “yes” to any of the Character and Fitness questions on the application form, you must attach an addendum with complete explanation, including relevant dates.
Transfer applicants and re-applicants for readmission may have different or additional requirements. All applicants are encouraged to carefully read and follow these instructions before completing and submitting an application. Please contact the Office of Admissions if you have questions or you do not understand any part of these instructions.
First-Year Entering Students Application Deadline
- Fall 2016 – Apply by June 15, 2016
- Spring admission is not offered to first-year entering students.
Transfer & Visiting Application Deadlines
- Spring 2016 – apply by December 1, 2015
- Fall 2016 – apply by July 1, 2016
The review of an application begins only once it is complete; early application is advised. Application decisions may be made on or before June 15; this timeline may be subject to change at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
Check Your Application Status Online!
If you have already applied online through LSAC website, check the status of your application on LSAC.org